Server Maintenance Policy
We offer a 99.9% uptime commitment. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide the Services twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven days a week. However, in order to operate efficiently and securely, servers and network equipment require regular maintenance and upgrades (“Planned downtime”). You acknowledge that the Services may sometimes be unavailable for various reasons, in particular due to Planned downtime or causes beyond our control. We will provide you with notice for Planned Downtime and make commercially reasonable efforts to minimize any other disruption, inaccessibility or inoperability of our web servers, but we are not responsible for the unavailability.
Planned interruptions and planned Downtime are not part of our 99.9% uptime commitment. Vtiny Hosting™ will make a commercially reasonable effort to notify customers as soon as possible of any planned extended outage.
Three types of maintenance shutdown are defined.
- “Routine maintenance”: brief weekly shutdown, necessary for quick updates and patches requiring restarts.
- “Full maintenance”: monthly or otherwise planned downtime, longer, necessary for more substantial improvements.
- “Emergency maintenance” means a service affecting maintenance that requires immediate attention.
- “Planned downtime” includes Routine maintenance and Full maintenance.
The planned downtime intervals are as follows (the time zone is the location of the data center or server).
- Routine maintenance window (weekly). On Sunday morning, from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., breakdowns must not exceed fifteen (15) minutes unless other problems are encountered and will NOT be announced.
- Full maintenance window (monthly or planned). The first Saturday evening of each month from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. on Sunday morning, or otherwise scheduled, and communicated to the customers concerned via their contact email address.
- Emergency maintenance. This type of maintenance is not planned in itself and is only used in extreme circumstances. We will do our best to inform customers if necessary.
This server maintenance policy includes but is not limited to: (i) shared servers and accounts, (ii) all network equipment, and (iii) internal websites such as billing and support. Major system upgrades may require additional planned downtime.
Before attempting to resolve a problem yourself or engage us to resolve service issues, please BACK UP ALL DATA. Vtiny Hosting™ is not responsible for any loss or corruption of data, including those resulting from: (i) our authorized actions, (ii) the actions you take while using the Services, (iii) hardware failures, or (iv) any other software or technological failures.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that all the services provided on their servers are configured to automatically resume operations when the Services are restarted. Vtiny Hosting™ will not be held responsible for problems or service failures caused by restarts during standard maintenance periods.
WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DOWNTIME RESULTING FROM YOUR ACTIONS.
Please contact support on https://clients.vtinyhosting.com and create a ticket if you have any questions.
This Server Maintenance Policy was updated on March 26, 2020.